You cannot expect improvement unless you push yourself. To see change, you must make a change. For me, it was using the free weights. I was intimidated and afraid at first, but now I bench press next to the boys with no problem. It was outside my comfort zone; now it is just what I do.
1. Things that are outside your comfort zone
2. Things that go beyond what is expected or required
3. Things that are too big to accomplish alone
4. Things that don’t earn an immediate payoff (training in offseason, etc)
5. Things that challenge the norm
People who accomplish memorable things are remembered because they did hard things, not because they accomplished something easy.