Remember when I said most of the 7 pounds I had “gained” was food and bloat? Today I am 133.8.
Yup. Just restricting my diet, sweating a lot at the gym, and healthy BMs (sorry, not sorry) shed 5 pounds.
Here is what I did today!
Diet: 912 cal, 84 g Protein, 97 g Carbs, 60 g Sugar, 25 g Fat
Breakfast- 255 cal
- Quaker Banana Honey Nut Flats 180
- These are awesome little breakfast bars. You get three flats in a package and provides a morning carb fix without going overboard.
- Strawberry Almond Milk 75
Lunch- 175 cal
- 1/2 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein 80
- Dannon Vanilla Greek Yogurt 80
- 1.5 ounces of Strawberry 15
Dinner- 360 cal
- 12 ounces of zucchini 58
- 3 ounces of onion 34
- 1/2 tbs of canola oil 60
- 5 ounces of mushroom 31
- BBQ Pulled Chicken 177
- I put chicken breast in the crockpot with lemon juice, garlic, tomato, and BBQ sauce for 6 hours.
- 3 ounces of grilled chicken 93
- There was some BBQ sauce that I did not track. Be very aware that condiments can add many calories, so use sparingly
- 3 ounces of strawberries 30
Workout- 300 calories burned… but don’t let a workout influence your diet!
- 3 sets of 10 Shoulder Press
- 2 sets of 12 Bicep Curl
- 2 sets of 12 Tricep Extension
- 2 sets of 5 Pull Ups
- 2 sets of 10 Dips
- 3 sets of 10 Seated Row
- 3 sets of 10 Leg Extension
- 3 sets of 10 Hamstring Curl
- 3 sets of 10 Squats wth a kettle bell
I wanted to hit all of my major muscle groups because we took three days off while in Mexico. They did have a small gym there— but we stopped going after the second day!
I ran on the treadmill in varying intervals to maximize fat burn. Below is my interval program.
- 3 minutes
- 10% incline
- 4.5 mph
- 2 minutes
- 5% incline
- 6 mph
- 1 minute
- 2.5% incline
- 9-12 mph depending on how well you sprint/ how hard you want to work
- Repeat 2-3 times
Because I did not eat very much today, staying busy was the key to success. I spent my morning running errands and completing yard work. The last thing you want to do is sit around thinking about how hungry you are. When I started to feel hunger getting the best of me, I sipped on black coffee. The caffeine curbs your appetite and the warm liquid can make you feel full. Additionally, it will help move food through your digestive track.